Baby Jane Lingerie and Boutique at Home
Our Privacy and Cookie Policies
At Baby Jane Lingerie, we take your data privacy and security seriously. We have assessed the requirements of GDPR using the guidance provided by the UK ICO (Information Commissioners Office), and have taken action to update our working practices to be compliant where required.
BABY JANE LINGERIE AND BOUTIQUE AT HOME
- Who we are
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Baby Jane Lingerie, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office address is at Brook House Barn, Ingleton, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 3DT.
We are the Data Controller, which means we are responsible for deciding how we use and process your personal data.
- The different kinds of personal data we collect
- How we collect your information, and how we will use it
- Any other parties we may share your personal information with
- The ways we keep your personal data secure
- Your rights over your personal data under GDPR
- Collecting personal information
Through our website and your participation at a Boutique at Home event, we gather personal information in order to:
- Contact you
- Provide the goods or services you want us to provide.
- Create your Online Shop account (“User Registration”)
- Administer your account once created
- Complete your online and offline orders
This information usually includes:
- Your first and last name
- Contact details such as email address and telephone number(s)
- Your billing and delivery addresses for purchases
We may process this information for the purposes of:
- Contacting you about your account or order
- Updating your account details with us
- Any services you ask us to provide (such as private viewings and appointments at the Lingerie Lounge)
- Backing up our business systems and databases
We will also process and store this data so you can access and manage your account with us online. This will also be used for the security of our website and your account.
We may also process information you give us relating to various transactions, including goods and services you buy from us. (This is known as “transaction data“). We will use this data for the purpose of supplying the goods and services you require, and keeping records of those transactions.
The legal basis for this is the creation, maintenance and delivery of a contract between you and us, and for the ongoing administration of that contract.
- How we collect your data
- Contact Us Form
When you complete our Contact Form on the Baby Jane Lingerie website, you agree to the data in that form being used for the purposes outlined above. We will NOT be using any information in your Contact Us form for marketing purposes.
- Shopping Cart
We also collect personal information through various forms on our online shop. The data collected via these forms is used for the sale and provision of products to you. The e-shop presents three options:
– You can create a new online account.
– You can sign into your existing online account
– You can opt for a Guest checkout, which does not create an online account
Your details including name, address and telephone number will be required for any items purchased regardless of whether you have an account or not.
Account data gathered will NOT be used for any marketing mailings or emails unless you specifically request them (opt-in). If you wish to opt in for marketing information, please give your consent by:
- Ticking the newsletter box when creating a new account (Register)
- Ticking the newsletter box in your account settings (My Account)
- How we’ll use your data
We may use your personal data to:
- Contact you via phone or email
- Confirm your contact, billing and delivery details
- Provide you with the goods and services you request
- Administrate your account with Baby Jane Lingerie
The legal basis for this processing is legitimate business use.
- Sharing of personal information
Rest assured we will nevershare, sell or otherwise disclose personal information collected via this website with any third parties for marketing purposes.
- Third party websites for customer payments
All financial transactions conducted through our online store are handled by our payment services providers. We share only the required transaction data with our payment services providers. This enables them to process your payments, and deal with any payment queries or refunds.
Our payment service providers act as Data Processors for Baby Jane Lingerie. We do not have access to any personal data collected by these providers in order for them to fulfil your orders, administer your account, etc.
Our payment services providers are WorldPay and Paypal. You can read their GDPR Privacy Policies here:
- Financial accounts with Richmond Industries
We may process your personal information for the creation of a company account with Richmond Industries, and for subsequent direct invoicing of offline orders and contracted work. The legal basis of this is legitimate business uses, namely the proper administration of our business.
- International transfers of your personal data
If you are ordering from outside the UK, your data will only be stored and processed here in the UK, and therefore falls under the requirements of GDPR.
- Storage of your personal data
We only retain your personal data for as long as we need it in order to provide you with your chosen services, maintain a working business relationship, and/or manage your account. We have put in place systems to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse or alteration.
- Your rights under GDPR
Under GDPR, you have rights over the use and storage of your personal data as collected by us. If you ask us, we can:
- Send you the personal information we hold
- Update or correct any errors or details
- Delete your personal information
You can also:
- Object to or restrict how we process your data
- Transfer your information (known as “data portability”)
- Third party website links
Our Baby Jane Lingerie website and blogs may features web links to external websites. Baby Jane Lingerie takes no responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of these external websites.
- Website hosting
Our website is hosted with one of the world’s largest and most respected hosting companies, SiteGround. For more information on Siteground and GDPR, see: https://www.siteground.com/blog/gdpr-siteground-getting-ready/
- Contact us
BABY JANE LINGERIE AND BOUTIQUE AT HOME
- What this policy covers
- All about cookies
Cookies are small text files that are checked when you visit a website. Cookies help to improve your experience of using that website. They enable those websites to access your preferences in using the website. Most cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Others may be stored on your computer for a certain period of time until they expire
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend reading them
- how you navigate our website.
- Giving consent for cookies
- Deleting cookies
Many web browsers automatically turn on acceptance of cookies. If this is the case with your browser, but you want to opt out of cookie usage, you will need to change your browser settings.
- This website offers browser-specific instructions for turning off automatic cookie acceptance:
- This site also has instructions on how to clear/delete cookies from your computer or mobile device:
- If you wish to opt out from your data being collected by Google Analytics altogether, you need to install the add-on for your specific browser from the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Contact us